NPE 2015 Annual Conference – Chicago – Early Bird Special Registration Open!
Early-bird discounted Registration for the Network for Public Education’s Second Annual Conference is now available at this address:
These low rates will last for the month of January.
There will be a welcoming social event 7 pm Friday night, at or near the Drake Hotel — details coming soon.
Featured speakers will be:
- Jitu Brown, National Director – Journey for Justice, Kenwood Oakland Community Organization, Network for Public Education Board of Directors
- Tanaisa Brown, High School Senior, with the Newark Student Union
- Yong Zhao, Author, “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Dragon?“
- Diane Ravitch in conversation with
- Lily Eskelsen Garcia, NEA President and
- Randi Weingarten, AFT President
- Karen Lewis, President, Chicago Teachers Union
There will be a special optional luncheon on Saturday that will feature a conversation between Edushyster and surprise guests.
There will be dozens of workshops and panels offered by activists from coast to coast. Proposals for these sessions are being solicited by the NPE, and can be submitted here until the Jan. 20 deadline.
The organizers worked to make the conference as affordable as possible. Please be aware that the room reservations and food costs offset the use of the hotel space. This conference is priced as cheaply as possible so that the maximum number of people can attend. We are hoping to raise money to provide a limited amount of scholarships. Here is the link for the scholarship application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NPEScholarship
If you would like to make a donation to allow others to attend who otherwise could not afford participating, please go here, and indicate that this is for the “NPE Conference Scholarship Fund” http://npe.mayfirst.org/about-npe/become-a-member/